Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: October 24th, 2016
Welcome to Art of Cutlery
Advanced Intelligent Solution LLC and its affiliates ("Art of Cutlery" "Art of Cutlery", "we" or "us") provides this and other websites (including applications and other online services that are accessible through various desktop, tablet and mobile web browsers from time to time) (collectively, "Sites") subject to your compliance with these
Privacy & Security
Information security is important to Art of Cutlery. We have established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial safeguards to protect the information that we collect from or about our users. Art of Cutlery does, however, reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as Art of Cutlery deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Sites contain valuable trademarks and service marks owned and used by Art of Cutlery, including but not limited to, Art of Cutlery, the Art of Cutlery design logo. Any use of the Art of Cutlery Marks without the prior written permission of Art of Cutlery is strictly prohibited. The arrangement and layout of the Sites, including but not limited to, the Art of Cutlery Marks, images, text, graphics, buttons, screenshots, music, digitally downloadable files, and other content or material (collectively, the "Site Content"), are the sole and exclusive property of Art of Cutlery.
UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, MODIFYING, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING, MAKING DERIVATIVE WORKS OF OR DUPLICATING ALL OR ANY PART OF THE SITES IS PROHIBITED.
Art of Cutlery uses a network of independent product and content suppliers, distributors and other such third parties to supply some of the products and content advertised on the Sites. All other trademarks, service marks, product names, package designs and company names or logos associated with these product and content suppliers, distributors and other such third parties that are not owned by us but appear on the Sites are the property of their respective owners.
From time to time, the Sites permit the submission of content, such as comments, blogs and product reviews, generated by you and others users ("User Content").
You are solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. Any User Content or other material, information or ideas that you submit to or post or publish on the Sites is non-confidential and non-proprietary.
By submitting User Content, you represent and warrant to Art of Cutlery that: (i) your User Content does not violate any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property right, any right of privacy or publicity of any third party or any applicable law, rule or regulation, (ii) you own or have the legal right to use and authorize Art of Cutlery to use your User Content, including written consent to use of any product or the name, voice, likeness or any other applicable personal rights of each identifiable person featured or referenced in your User Content and (iii) your User Content does not violate Art of Cutlery Acceptable Use Policy set forth below.
Acceptable Use Policy
By submitting User Content and otherwise using the Sites, you agree not to: (i) submit any User Content that is protected by or otherwise subject to any third party intellectual property or proprietary rights (including any privacy and publicity rights) unless you own or have permission from the rightful owner of such rights to post such User Content and to grant Art of Cutlery all of the rights granted herein; (ii) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (iii) use the Sites to harm any person or entity, including Art of Cutlery; (iv) impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a representative of Art of Cutlery, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (v) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or through the Sites; (vi) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail or any other form of solicitation; (vii) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that contains computer viruses or other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Sites or any other computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (viii) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international laws, rules or regulations, including but not limited to those promulgated by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; (ix) collect, store or use personal information about other users of the Sites without their consent; (x) use the Sites (including through submission of User Content) to disparage or make unsubstantiated claims about any person, third party or its/their products or services; (y) use any of the Sites in any manner that could overburden or impair any of the Sites or the networks or systems connected to the Sites; and/or (z) use any device, software or instrumentality to interfere with the proper working of the Sites or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Sites.
You also agree that you will not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Sites. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Art of Cutlery reserves the right to investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who have participated in such violations.
The receipt of an order number or an email order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order or a confirmation of an offer to sell. Art of Cutlery reserves the right, without prior notification, to limit the order quantity on any item and/or to refuse service to any customer. Verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of an order. Prices and availability of products on the Sites are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected when discovered and Art of Cutlery reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any error, inaccuracy, or omission (including after an order has been submitted).
Links to Other Websites
Mobile Devices and Mobile Applications
You agree that you are solely responsible for all message and data charges that apply to use of your mobile device to access the Sites or use of a mobile application. All such charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Please contact your participating mobile service provider for pricing plans, participation status and details. You understand that wireless through Wi-Fi or a participating mobile service provider may not be available in all areas at all times and may be affected by product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your mobile service provider or otherwise. Additional terms and conditions may apply to your use of a mobile application, based on the type of mobile device on which you install and use the mobile application.
Notice to California Residents
California Proposition 65 requires that special warnings be provided when products contain chemicals known by the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm if the use of those products may cause exposure to those chemicals above specific limits. These warnings relate to some but not all tools, lead crystal glassware, ceramic tableware, Tiffany style lamps, and electrical cords. Please call us prior to ordering if you have any questions regarding the safety of these products.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, Art of Cutlery provides users of the Sites with the following notice: You may report complaints to the Consumer Information Division of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at 800-952-5210 FREE.
Communications with Art of Cutlery
For all communications made to or with Art of Cutlery, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like: (i) you will have no right to confidentiality in your communications and Art of Cutlery will have no obligation to protect your communications from disclosure; (ii) Art of Cutlery will be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute your communications to others without limitation; and (iii) Art of Cutlery will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, content or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Art of Cutlery intends for the information and data contained in the Sites to be accurate and reliable but since the information and data have been compiled from a variety of sources, they are provided 'AS IS' and "AS AVAILABLE". You expressly agree that your use of the Sites and any information contained therein is at your sole risk. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, Art of Cutlery EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANT ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties so such disclaimers may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL Art of Cutlery OR ITS OFFICERS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, DISTRIBUTORS, AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THIS SITE OR VIA OTHER CHANNELS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHONE AND EMAIL, BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OF THE SITES OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF USE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, INCLUDING USER CONTENT, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF Art of Cutlery HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
You hereby acknowledge that the preceding limitation on liability will apply to all content, merchandise and services available through the Sites or other channels. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such jurisdictions liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if Art of Cutlery is found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the amount in dispute not to exceed the total amount which you paid to us in the twelve (12) months prior to the action giving rise to the liability or (b) $100.
YOU AND Art of Cutlery AGREE TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT, SUCH AS ACCESS TO DISCOVERY, ALSO MAY BE UNAVAILABLE OR LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
Right to Access
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST AGE 13 TO USE THE SITES. By using the Sites, you affirm that you are over age 13. If you are under age 13, you may not access or use the Sites.
IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN THAT PROVIDES CONSENT TO YOUR TEENAGER'S REGISTRATION WITH AND USE OF THE SITES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS IN RESPECT OF SUCH TEENAGER'S USE OF THE SITES.
Art of Cutlery periodically schedules system downtime for the Sites for maintenance and other purposes. Unplanned system outages also may occur. You agree that Art of Cutlery has no responsibility and is not liable for: (a) the unavailability of any of the Sites; (b) any loss of data, information or materials caused by such system outages; (c) the resultant delay, mis-delivery or non-delivery of data, information or materials caused by such system outages; or (d) any outages caused by any third parties, including without limitation any companies or servers hosting any of the Sites, any Internet service providers or otherwise.
The Sites are operated by Art of Cutlery from its offices in Miami, Florida, USA. The Sites are intended for users who reside in the United States of America. Art of Cutlery makes no representations or warranties that the Sites or any materials contained in them are valid, appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you access and use the Sites outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Art of Cutlery reserves the right to limit the availability of the Sites and/or the provision of any service, program or other product described thereon to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion. Any software on the Sites is subject to United States export controls and may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods or which is subject to other applicable U.S. trade sanctions; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using any software from the Sites, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
If you have questions, comments or complaints about these Terms or the Sites, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject line "Questions about the Sites").
Art of Cutlery' Copyright Policy
Last Updated: October 24th, 2016
This Copyright Policy describes Art of Cutlery’ policy of prohibiting any information or materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights from appearing on www.contempimports.com, www.Art of Cutlery.com (collectively, the "Site").
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for a copyright owner who believes that material appearing on the Internet infringes his, her or its rights under U.S. copyright law. Art of Cutlery complies with the DMCA by responding to notices and counter-notices that meet the then-current DMCA requirements. Please visit http://www.copyright.gov/ for details about current DMCA requirements.
Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement
If you believe in good faith that material appearing on the Site infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Art of Cutlery a written notification pursuant to the DMCA (a "DMCA Notice"). Your DMCA Notice should be sent to our Copyright Agent (identified below), contain all of the information listed below (and as further set forth in 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)) and request that the material be removed or that access to it be blocked. Your DMCA Notice must contain:
1. Identification in sufficient detail of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works on the Site are covered by a single notification, you may provide a representative list of such works on the Site; however, the representative list must still contain sufficient detail of the copyrighted works so that we can identify them;
2. Identification of the URL or other specific location on the Site that contains the material that you claim to be infringing your copyright. You must provide us with reasonably sufficient information to enable us to locate the alleged infringing material and comply with your request to remove or deny access to the material;
3. Your name, address, telephone number and email address (if available);
4. The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf;
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material on the Site as you have described in the DMCA Notice is not authorized by the copyright owner or its agent or the law;
6. A statement that you swear under penalty of perjury that the information contained in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must submit any notification of an alleged copyright infringement to Art of Cutlery Copyright Agent by email as set forth below:
Email: email@example.com (with the subject line " Art of Cutlery DMCA Notice")
If you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA Notice will not be valid. Please note that you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys' fees, if you materially misrepresent that materials on the Site are infringing a copyright.
If you believe in good faith that your own copyrighted material has been removed from the Site as a result of mistake or mis-identification, you may submit a written counter notification letter to Art of Cutlery’ Copyright Agent pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. To be an effective counter notification under the DMCA, your written correspondence must include substantially the following:
1. Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
2. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in which your address is located or in Boston, Massachusetts if your address is outside the United States;
3. A statement that you will accept service of process from the party that filed the notification of alleged copyright infringement or the party's agent;
4. Your name, address and telephone number;
5. A statement that you swear under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled, or that the material identified by the complaining party has been removed or disabled at the URL or web location and will no longer be shown or accessible;
6. Your physical or electronic signature.
You may submit your counter notification to Art of Cutlery’ Copyright Agent by email as set forth below:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject line " Art of Cutlery’ DMCA Notice")
Upon receipt of a counter notice, Art of Cutlery’ Copyright Agent may send a copy of it to the original complaining party informing that party that Art of Cutlery may replace the removed content or cease disabling it. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against Art of Cutlery, the removed content may be replaced or access to it restored by Art of Cutlery.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA counter notification will not be valid. Please note that if you materially misrepresent that the disabled or removed content was removed by mistake or misidentification, you may be liable for damages, including costs and attorneys' fees.
Art of Cutlery Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions (the "Terms") apply to any Art of Cutlery electronic gift certificate originally purchased by you or someone on your behalf (the "gift certificate") through the Art of Cutlery website. Gift certificates are issued by ARIVA CORP (referred to hereinafter as either " Art of Cutlery", "we", "us" or "our"). By purchasing a gift certificate, accepting and retaining a gift certificate, or using a gift certificate, you agree to these Terms.
• Gift certificates are only valid in the United States of America and Canada. Void where prohibited.
• Gift certificates can only be redeemed through one of the Art of Cutlery websites.
• Gift certificates cannot be used to purchase gift certificates or gift cards.
• Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund, except to the extent required by law.
• Use of the gift certificate is limited to the amount of funds held on the gift certificate. The full amount of each purchase, including taxes, will be deducted from the funds held on the gift certificate, up to the total funds available on the gift certificate. Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's gift certificate account and is not transferable. If you make a purchase and there are insufficient funds held on the gift certificate to cover that purchase, you must pay the difference by a valid credit card or debit card.
• The risk of loss and title for gift certificates pass to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the purchaser. We are not responsible for and will not replace lost or stolen gift certificates. Protect your gift certificate as if it were cash and safeguard the gift certificate from authorized use.
• Art of Cutlery may provide gift certificate purchasers with information about the redemption status of gift certificates.
• Art of Cutlery reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time in its discretion. Such revised terms will be effective as to any gift certificates purchased after the date said revised Terms are posted to the Art of Cutlery websites.
• Resale of a gift certificate or use for unauthorized advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional purposes is strictly prohibited. Your right to use the funds on the gift certificate is a limited right, subject to these Terms and applicable law. We are not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors, in any offer and reserve the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors.
• If we suspect any fraud or misuse in connection with a gift certificate, we reserve the right in our discretion to suspend or terminate use of the gift certificate.
• The consideration paid for the gift certificate, including any unredeemed balances, is the property of the Art of Cutlery.
• If any one or more of the covenants, agreements, provisions or terms of these Terms shall be for any reason whatsoever held invalid, then such covenants, agreements, provisions or terms shall be deemed severable from the remaining covenants, agreements, provisions or terms of these Terms shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms.
• These Terms sets forth the entire understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and all prior understandings, written or oral, are superseded by these Terms. All terms and conditions set forth herein are applicable to the extent permitted by law.
Send Us Your Suggestions
Customer feedback is very important to us. We are always looking for ways to serve you better. We want you to become a lifelong shopper with Art of Cutlery.
Please email us.
Please contact us with any questions you have. We are here to serve you. We guarantee your satisfaction. On most items, we offer a 30 day return policy. Please see our return policy for specific information.
Thank you for your business.
For media inquiries:
If you are a member of the media and have questions about the company or would like to feature us in your publication, please email us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request immediately.